Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-09-01
08:12:48
 Re: Alpharay Plus/4 just released at Evoke 2019

Hey Guys,

We somehow found some bugs with the game (there wasn't a testing period before releasing the game this time)
- an randomly "pressing" of run/stop leading to the pause of the game (seems to be fixed here now)
- when you got the 8th place in the scoretable, there could be some errors with the score routine (seems to be fixed here now)
- One guy mentioned that his 1551 needed some longer time off after playing Alpharay, it just couldn't load files afterwards for some ?days?..
- Luca got a bug about halve a year ago, where his 1551 couldn't load Pets Rescue fully, but his 1541 could read it propperly though, after a new d64 transfer this bug was gone
- One guy got problems with his 1541 version of Alpharay, but after a retransfer of the d64 that never happened again

I just mention this here to be collecting all the bugs that happened. Perhaps that could be good for future projects.

I have no clue how to fix these drive related stuff or where these problems could be in the code of Bitfire, if that's the problem..

I supplied Luca with a fixed version for the non drive / disc related stuff..

If you found more bugs, just tell! The same is with Pets Rescue, it's somehow the same codebase!

Edit: For now it just seems that these 3 drive related bugs are just some single pointed bugs. No serious ones. A lot of people played Pets Rescue to the end, without having drive related problems, as I just got told.

have fun!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024