Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-08-18
03:27:47
 D64 Navigator - a new experimental feature of LUMYDCTT

Hi All Commodore Plus/4 Enthusiastics,

I start to develop a very new feature of LUMYDCTT called: "D64 Navigator", yes after the well-known "DOS Navigator". This capability is in the egg and there is a lot of work to get the perfect end, BUT you can use some interest function, right now...

Lumydctt - D64 Navigator

...I have found some strange things while hunting treasures, as you can see one of the pictures above, eg. "compy_xmas.d64": it doesn't follow the standard path of D64-format like "Dos Version Type" (so it is write protect), "free sectors on tracks" (so the funny guys (who made it in former times) like the very individual solutions: write over the unused bytes of BAM), etc. (LUMYDCTT hasn't shown the contents of it, yet.)

Why did I publish it if it is in experimental?

- I found a pair of hard-core bugs and fixed it. (eg.: variables didn't work in assembly, maybe when I implemented a new feature, I didn't recognize that the syntax went wrong anywhere else)

- MMS mentioned at the Arok Party that he didn't publish his music composed by "ZackZack" because of LUMYDCTT doesn't write a music player instead of him... happy ...but LUMYDCTT does! happy

- see more details in the "whatsnew.txt"-file!

Keep smiling and have a nice navigation.

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-08-18
03:56:16
 Re: D64 Navigator - a new experimental feature of LUMYDCTT

Thanks for the clarification! So it mean I need to make a release. happy
(what I found in your tool: it can play it back, can export it to XML, or converts to DATA lines.
Anyhow, in the last weks I investigated some player routines too, so I am not completely lost)

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-09-02
14:33:26

MMS: the creation of DATA lines is not perfect (some values don't appear in DATAs {maybe 0s}), but if you click on that button, you can see a little bit more, than DATA lines. The BASIC sound player isn't also perfect, so it needs your creativity... happy

Well, I (and a lot of us) am (are) very curious about your musician's sense... happy

PS: you can export your music to WAV, too! (Save as... file type...)

[UPDATED: 2019.08.26]
LUMYDCTT v4.4.4

Lumydctt - D64 Navigator

[UPDATED: 2019.09.02]
LUMYDCTT v4.5.8

Lumydctt - D64 Navigator

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-09-03
17:06:24

well, it looks better than the screen what I could get in Dirmaster happy Nice!

Posted By

SVS
on 2019-09-03
02:16:36

@Charlemagne: awesome work! Go on happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-09-03
17:52:03

Wow this looks awesome! happy

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-09-09
16:23:21

Thanx guys: MMS, SVS and Mad...

Here it is the "last" menu: F4 Edit

LUMYDCTT v4.6.4

Lumydctt - D64 Navigator

Yes, it would be good to transfer a D64 to a real floppy, maybe in a future-update.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024