Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stars​hipUK
on 2003-03-23
 Many Thanks!

Many Thanks for uploading this.

I used to own a Commodore +4 when I was yonger, and managed to obtain loads of great games for it (I remember buying games brand new for my +4 from the ASDA supermarket in Shoeburyness!). The only game I ever completed was Storm with its unusual joystick controls and one of the BERKS games as well (From the Berks Triology), but I have many fond memorys of the system, its games, and the classic pictures on the games covers. There is another game that I would also like to find and play again some time, but I can't remember the name of it. I remember it was on a tape with 4 different games on it. The one I am after is where you had to deliver mail and it was a bit like frogger from what I can remember.

I learnt to program in BASIC on the +4 and loved it. I finally got a C64 in around 1990 and now deeply regret that I sold all the +4 stuff in 1990 to purchase more C64 bits. I used the C64 for about 4 or 5 years before getting a PC. I have since bought a couple of +4s and C16s from boot sales and have also managed to obtain some games from boot sales.

But I remember this Tablets of Hippocrates game more than any other game. It may be a simple text game written in Basic, but I have also never managed to solve it (and still can't!). Although the three Scott Adams adventure carts are also very good (Never managed to complete any of them either!) for some reason this game stuck in my memory. Perhaps its because I was young and could use my imagination to picture the scenes from the text descriptions.

I also remember sending two SAEs to the company who made the game to obtain help packs (Hints and tips), but never did get a reply from them. I expect they were not around for long?

Many thanks for uploading a copy of this little game. Also if anyone has the solution, please let me know!

Thanks,
Steve.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024