Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stars​hipUK
on 2003-03-21
 Looking for Tablets of Hippocrates

Hi All,

I am looking for a copy of Tablets of Hippocrates on any format.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Steve.
E-Mail steve@starship.st

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-03-21
 So am I!!!

The record on it is here, but we don't have the program file yet. The man to buy is Lando... happy He has it (as mentioned here), but he doesn't have enough time to do all the stuff. You can definitely ask him though! I'd like to see this title as well.

Posted By

Lan
on 2003-03-21
 The Blue Screen of Death awaits :-)

I'll add the info soon.

The game will load for some time, then "READY" will appear. Type "RUN" and then there is more loading..... Your see a screen pop up very quick as it starts loading once again... You will see this screen pop up a number of times before the game finally does load.

Of course you can make a .fre (snap shot) file once loaded, but out of intrest there is a save game on the tape after the game. This will place you back at the very start of the game. Type "LOAD" while your playing the game wink

quick info: Hippocrates found a cure for cancer which was written down on 2 gold tablets and then hidden in a forest. The forest has only just been found, you must find the tablets and retrun with them to the start.

Download: Tablest of Hippocrates.zip

Posted By

Lan
on 2003-03-21

The function keys have been programmed with common words, type "KEY" for a list.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-03-22
 All right!

Good job man, thanks a lot. I'm off to try this one...

Posted By

Stars​hipUK
on 2003-03-23
 Many Thanks!

Many Thanks for uploading this.

I used to own a Commodore +4 when I was yonger, and managed to obtain loads of great games for it (I remember buying games brand new for my +4 from the ASDA supermarket in Shoeburyness!). The only game I ever completed was Storm with its unusual joystick controls and one of the BERKS games as well (From the Berks Triology), but I have many fond memorys of the system, its games, and the classic pictures on the games covers. There is another game that I would also like to find and play again some time, but I can't remember the name of it. I remember it was on a tape with 4 different games on it. The one I am after is where you had to deliver mail and it was a bit like frogger from what I can remember.

I learnt to program in BASIC on the +4 and loved it. I finally got a C64 in around 1990 and now deeply regret that I sold all the +4 stuff in 1990 to purchase more C64 bits. I used the C64 for about 4 or 5 years before getting a PC. I have since bought a couple of +4s and C16s from boot sales and have also managed to obtain some games from boot sales.

But I remember this Tablets of Hippocrates game more than any other game. It may be a simple text game written in Basic, but I have also never managed to solve it (and still can't!). Although the three Scott Adams adventure carts are also very good (Never managed to complete any of them either!) for some reason this game stuck in my memory. Perhaps its because I was young and could use my imagination to picture the scenes from the text descriptions.

I also remember sending two SAEs to the company who made the game to obtain help packs (Hints and tips), but never did get a reply from them. I expect they were not around for long?

Many thanks for uploading a copy of this little game. Also if anyone has the solution, please let me know!

Thanks,
Steve.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-03-24
 Game sought

The game you are looking for sounds very much like Mail Trail. Is that the one?

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-03-24
 No problem, enjoy :-)

I bet once you get back into it the very same images the text created all those years ago come flooding back happy

I did the same sort of thing. I got a C64 and never looked back for a couple of years.. I had some great fun with it, but some how the magic memorys from the C16/Plus4 was calling me back. happy

Posted By

Simon Fawkes
on 2007-11-24
12:10:48
 Re: Looking for Tablets of Hippocrates

Hi - I'm the author of TOH which I wrote many years ago as a teenager. I thought it had been "lost" years ago so I'm thrilled to find it on here.

I may have a copy of the answer sheet which I can scan and post on here - however it won't be until early 2008 as I'm currently abroad. I know my parents were getting SAEs for years afterwards, any they received would've been sent back with an answer sheet until 1988 when they moved house.

From what I remember, the crux of the game was to read the back of the notice board in the forest. There were cryptic clues posted throughout to do this - perhaps too cryptic. There was a detailed message on the back of the notice that told people how to get to the next location.

Anyway, I hope people enjoyed my game and it's great to see it on here after all these years.

Simon

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-11-25
17:28:36
 Re: Looking for Tablets of Hippocrates

Hi Simon, nice to hear here about you!
Of course, everything about Tablets of Hippocrates is absolutely wellcome here, we're looking forward for the author's original stuff wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024