Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2019-05-26
00:53:25
 Re: Maximum Dimension of arrays in Basic

@MMS: Thank you. After your hint with the integer instead of real i changed the code. The programm remains slow. Since this is done BASIC and speed is not what i was focusing from the beginning.But i think with outsourcing parts to assembler, maybe this experiment could be usable on real machines too.

I spend a few hours modifing the shuttle from NASA in Blender (learning this extrem complex program as sideeffect). There are much better free shuttle models outside, but i wanted the original since it has "only" around 2000 vertices. I turned the triangles into sqares and removed internal faces as good as possible, since my very primitve hidden face algorithm (due slow CPU power), would show them too. It found out, that it is a challenge to find and create 3D-models, that will look good on a 320x200 screen. Either they are too complex or too simple.

I also made a converter in C# for the *.obj files (ASCII Format) that converts the real numbers into integer-numbers and creates the vertex- and face-SEQ-files for the main BASIC-programm. Its great fun to play around with the angles, shifting and scaling to find the best possible view. I hope you like the result.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024