Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-05-19
16:58:41
 Re: Pets Rescue Psytronik preorders

MMS yeah people always think that the C16 has no hardware scrolling capabilities. But in reality it's even better than on the "other 8 bit Commodore".. You have of course softscrolling in x and y (y with splitscreen is a little more irritating than on C64). And on top of softscrolling you have a Bitmap Pointer ($ff1a,$ff1b) where people on C64 would climb hills for. And you have the possibility to easily double buffer the whole screen including the colorram. For what the C64 people also would visit far planets if it could be found there, I suppose..

Luca Yeah I am too wondering why people always ask me if the C16 has softscrolling.. Perhaps some sort of unconscious joke people make, even when they know of the softscrolling registers.. Dunno..

Could be that Majesty of Sprites part one was responsible for that.. I really didn't want people to think that scrolling is complicated, whilst it's even more easy than on C64 happy (besides screen splitting which really seems more complicated on C16)..

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024