Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

blinddarm
on 2019-04-08
10:41:49
 convert german Strip Poker prg to TAP or WAV

Hello Friends,

recently i got the (english) original http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Strip_Poker game from Anco on cassette,
wich was one of my games of my childhood or more precisely of my early youth…
The original tape is working fine so far grin
Then i found the german prg file on this site and i thought to create a tap file and write
it back to a blank cassette and play it on my real Hardware (C16 64k)...btw, was there ever an official relaese of this game or is it just a hacked version?
Problem is, when i use a tool called WAV-PRG
(Output Format: fast, Machine C16 PAL, Waveform: Square, Inverted) the Tap is starting to load on yape but ends with an error.

can anyone help please?

regards,
Norman

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-08
11:41:22
 Re: convert german Strip Poker prg to TAP or WAV

Hi blinddarm! First of all: if you use bbcode, and the output doesn't show your image, probably there's no bbcode here to display a picture grin

Ok, I've seen that file, and the issue is caused due to the used memory: Strip Poker German looks like a hack, saved in the area $1000/$FD20. Now, I am quite aware that $1000, for a program starting with a BASIC line, could be almost surely considered as a mistake, and (guys confirm it!) I'm gonna fix it and change the file; $FD20 is out of the usual writeable memory, and I suspect...mmm...:/ Doesn't look regular to me...
I've also seen that the English version's Plus/4 World download covers the same memory (whereas Othersi.de uses a packed version), hence doubts raise higher!
Finally, I've checked the English tape file and...aha! $1000-$FCFF! Gonna definitely change the English official version.

Of course, this doesn't touch the German one, 'coz it's a hack of the original, I mean: new rules! wink I've prepared this WAV file just for you: Strip Poker (German), exomized and with turbo loader wink

Posted By

blinddarm
on 2019-04-11
07:51:02

Hi Luca

Thanks for your reply happy

it is a bit weird because recently i can't log in using Firefox, but working fine with M$ Edge
I didn't know that normally is no bbcode possible but the picture is shown in Firefox and Edge...

Anyway, thanks alot for your help !

Your WAV file is working almost fine in YAPE but i have to change small things.

First, the file is no standard WAV (not conform) file to play it on a player like winamp, media Player, or even using Audiacity...No Problem i just converted it.

Second, the file is now working fine, if you use a simple Audio cassette Adapter, but you have to put in a small pause (~1 second of silence) after loading the name of the program…better for pressing the C= key to continue loading…

BUT, the file don't work, if you transfer it to a normal cassette
I had to invert the WAV file again and also had to play a lot with the output volume…
35-40% of the headphone output of my soundcard will work fine

Thanks again for your help and best regards,
Norman

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-11
10:23:54

Wow, lots of fixing here and there, I'm sorry I didn't have a clue about that, I simply created a WAV file via YAPE. Anyway, happy to know that it worked in the very very VERY end grin

Posted By

blinddarm
on 2019-04-11
11:40:46

Nah, let's call it fine tuning, not fixing grin
i do not have much experience but ist was fun to play with that file to get it work wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024