Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-03-12
 Who has info about the Contiki project?

it seems a very interesting idea, and... happy
the magic word "Plus4" still appears in the developement note happy)
See at: http://dunkels.com/adam/contiki/index.html

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-03-12
 ...and it's still running on Plus4!!!

see: http://dunkels.com/adam/contiki/ports/

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-03-13
 Contiki Plus/4

This program is in machine language (SYS startup) for C64. The ports page claims that it runs on Plus/4 but the only Commodore version for download is the C64 version.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-03-13
 The plus/4 version

It's written in C and some of the compilers supports the plus/4 as target platform. All you have to do is to grab a C compiler for the 6502 (it's called CC65 or something similar) and the source code, comile it, and off you go with the "executable" happy

I might have a look at it in the weekend if I find the time and post it somewhere on the net.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-03-13
 Indeed...

I've downloaded the source and checked: it's using CC65 as compiler (www.cc65.org). Parsing thru the makefiles I realised there IS an option to compile it for the plus/4. Unfortunately the build process is quite complex and the Makefile-s are made for Linux/Unix. They're not that straightforward to port to Win32.

I'll fire up my Linux machine at home in the weekend, and see if I can compile it.

BTW: what features does it offer when no networking is supported?? What's the use of it then?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-03-13
 Atilla -->

I have no idea what use it would have either.

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-03-13
 General infos speak about: Multitastking, Desktop utilities,

icons, screen-savers, etc.
Hope they are not jokes... happy Does this interest? happy happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-03-17
 --> Attila:

>> I'll fire up my Linux machine at home in the weekend, and see if I can compile it.

Have you had time to do it?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-03-17
 Unfortunately, not

Sorry, been busy with other things on the weekend. Next time happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-03-17
 Compile it!

Well, I hope you can do it soon... I just now finally had time to look into this thing and it's very promising. I'd be really interested to see this running on a plus/4. BTW, the makefile contains a target called 'plus4-rs232', but it's missing. They only have a 'plus4' target.

I wonder if that Ethernet card thing would work for the plussy as well...

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-04-05
 wer

Has anybody found the sourcecs for the Plus/4 port yet? It does not seem to be on the CVS Server.

Since the Plus/4 does already have a build-in 6551 UART, it should be easy to connect it to a PC via SLIP. There is no need for an ethernet interface.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-04-05
 Source

The source is one for all platforms, there's a separate Makefile for the plus/4 port. I really have to find the time now to install Linux and compile it... Or someone else happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-04-12
 Any news about compiling? (Attila... :)

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-05-06
 Anybody could compile it, pleeeze?

(... multitasking,... icons...) wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024