Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-01
08:26:00
 Searching For "The Solution", Finding PETSCII Shows

Tales Of Edoras Plus/4PETSCII stuff is the real Round Table of the Commodore Legacy, where several machines swap their experiences, and there are some C64 examples quite worthy to be ported on Plus/4 too.

So here we are with'em: Luca/FIRE takes not one but two PETSCII pictures shows from C64 — a high ranked and famous one, and a brand new one released few days ago — to the Plus/4! The pictures come in the closer color conversion possible, and presented under in the original interface labeled by The Solution, just as coded by Seven, with two different tunes composed by Xiny6581 playing optionally via SIDcard or by Mconv V1.6 on-the-fly frequency conversion.

Originally released on C64 in the early days of the past September, Tales Of Edoras Plus/4 is a non plus ultra collection showing the inspirated skills of Shine: 16 astonishing PETSCII gems, plus a hidden one to be dug out.
Blockheads Plus/4Blockheads Plus/4 is the latter days newcomer, featuring a big bunch of 20 PETSCII portraits handdrawn by a Commodore rookie like Snake Petsken, in the very first approach of him.

Thirsty of new incredible PETSCII art? Don't worry, we found The Solution.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2019-02-02
08:26:00
 Re: Searching For "The Solution", Finding PETSCII Shows

Nice conversions, seems pretty faithful to the original. Well done!

Posted By

SVS
on 2019-02-02
14:28:37

Really nice!

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-02-02
15:59:43

Really nice ones!
My favs were the demon, and the White Zombie face and the creature of Dr.Frankenstein. Nice!

This is the first time I used the "play online" feature for a gfx show, and it worked really great!
The CRT mode looks pretty well here too

THX for the integration and special THX for the author too! As I know it is Gaia, but his name mentioned nowhere during the emulation.

(These are very faithful conversions. On the other handy (with full respect to the authors), the with Plus/4 palette some of the pictures could be improved further)

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-02-06
12:10:23

ho very nice Luca ! Don't convert ZX Art, it is in the making grin

and of course C16 pictures look much better than C64 ones !

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-02-06
05:22:57

Majikeyric aaah but i knew that wink Btw we don't see a Spectrum picture show since the 90ies, it's almost time happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024