Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

eightb​itswide
on 2019-01-19
22:01:57
 Best ways to upgrade a Commodore C16's memory?

After repairing the Plus4 last week, I thought while I was on a roll I'd dig back in a very battered Commodore C16 with the parts I had left over. It's up and running. This afternoon I programmed a replacement kernel rom, and replaced the crystal for use with PAL software.

In some ways it seems like an upgrade to the Commodore 64, with it's 121 colors.
In other ways... Yeah.. I miss the SID. happy

Question, what is the best method for upgrading the 16K memory on the Commodore C16.
I've seen an expansion card listed on Ebay for $35., but doing a little reading on it, it looks like it may/may not
be the best solution.

Thanks
-8b

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-01-20
02:09:04
 Re: Best ways to upgrade a Commodore C16's memory?

eightbitswide Hey cool! Just something a little off topic.. There is a Sid Card around, many plus/4 owners seem to actually own a sid chip this way, too.. ( Just sayin happy )

Posted By

theruler
on 2019-01-21
14:51:31

I followed this page to upgrade my two c16:
http://oldcomputer.info/hacks/c16_64k/index.htm

Internal upgrade is the best solution for compatibility. Never had a problem so far running plussy programs, even the largest demos.

Posted By

unclouded
on 2019-01-25
02:08:48

I just recently upgraded with the Időrégész board and it was very tidy, pretty and worked straight away.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-01-25
02:27:42

Good to hear that it's a neat solution, we have Időrégész C16 Internal RAM Upgrade in the hardware section since months, so my hints is: check our hardware section periodically wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024