Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-01-08
18:46:39
 Re: Digiloi: Fight In Full PETSCIIvision!

If you open in on YT, and in the setting change the speed of movie to 0.25 of the original, in full screen you can see how it works.
In fact (as I see) the character utilizes full character movement, and I saw no half-character or pixel-fine movement trick used here (though I am not sure, that no double buffering happens).

I think the magic here is the really huge and complex (and moving/running) character.

As the character is 7-8 character wide (and the height is even more), when the character is moved by one complete character in one direction, then compared to the total chacater side, it is treated by the eyes as a small movement, like a small sprite moved for 1 or 2 pixels.
If the character would not have any animation (like in Ghost Town), the blockier movement would be more evident, but the 4 phase (and color trick on the leg) animation makes it less visible.

Though such an fluid animation could be done in assembler, it is worth to try CBM Program Studio.
(I do not want to OFF this nice game's topic, so I may add some hints later and somewhere else, if interested)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024