Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-01-05
17:35:58
 Re: LUMYDCTT - RenderGFX - Need some help

Hi,

The first time we saw IstvanV's routine is work, we were in a kind of shock too, I was in a picture conversion hype for some weeks happy Maybe I will find that thread...
Chronos made a lot of useful suggestions, and Istvan was kind to realize all those requests. I think he is also an outstading programmer.

GIMP is also nice, I have it. Paint.Net is a little oldschool compared to that, but starts much much faster.
My preferred one is AudoDesk Scetchbook, now it is competely free, worth to try it.
Very intuitive. (I use only legal programs, so do not have Photoshop and so, too expensive)

Time: when I have free time, I usually collect pictures from internet, make quick tests with 20-30 pictures collected and adjusted, and delete the less attractive ones. I just checked the folder I collect the photos/pictures for future/planned pictures slideshows (90% will hever happen).
Most of them are JPGs, and the folder size is 1.2GB, so you can imagine the quantity... happy LOL

Recently I switched to legal picture collecting sites, like 123RF, Shutterstock, Stockfresh, etc, to prevent legal issues.
They have better quality/less compressed images too (need less work before conversion).

The girl you see as the first picture of the VDC challenge took the most of my time, as I did no use the HFLI editor, but modified the original pic several (dozen) times to remove gliches. Well, it took maybe 12-15 hours with all the steps, but it was extreme case. Usually I finish such a picture with all those editing in less than 2 hours, or if it is beyond hope, I drop it and choose an other one. On the internet there are millions of good pictures. happy
Garfield was 8-10 hours to made, but mainly because I had to redraw the colorful logo with hands, and it is hard to put so many colors in hires on the screen. Seems the scene did not like it so much, though I think it is better than any Garfield picture made on C64

The last HFLI picture took a little more time, as it was a collage work with layers and fontsets, etc, and edited the picture in Abcug's Pixeslshop for some hours.
Maybe 7-8 hours in total, but I still improve it further to use in a new slideshow.

So collecting and converting pictures for yourslef could become a real hobby alone grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024