Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-12-28
03:51:52
 Commemorating Ye Olde Art Of Xmas' BASIC Typing

Santas Winter WorkOur Plus/4 Advent Calendar 2018 opens a new window!

Several guys at Forum64 has opened a special thread called BASIC-Weihnachten, which smells and looks like our past Christmases' ghost, a nostalgic cauldron of feelings wobbling of ancient memories which nowadays seem to be roughly common for all of us.
In order to have a present to send to all the authors and subscribers in that forum, they started to collect several short-typing BASIC games, moslty for C64. This collection has been printed as a booklet to spread as Xmas gift, pushing the idea of typing BASIC listings when the cold days of December invite you to rest at home.

RKSoft offerend his own skills to the cause, entering the collection with Santas Winter Work, a sweet and coloured no-brain duty game surprisingly closed in a so short BASIC listing, that plays like a classic handheld LCD game straight from the past. Santas Winter Work lonely witnesses the C16 in the whole booklet, so thank you RKSoft for being witness ambassador of our system. Oh-oh-oooh!

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-12-29
03:54:48
 Re: Commemorating Ye Olde Art Of Xmas' BASIC Typing

Thank you for this pleasant susprise! A really good XMAS time we have this year happy

Positive side:
-very cute gfx
-good gameplay
-(too) smart AI grin

Bug report (may block you reaching high Hiscore):
I reached close to 200 points, when unfortunately I faced a bug may make you loose the game even if you do rather well...

When the enemy is almost on the very top area (really close), then despite you thrown a box on it, it sometimes survived it (disappears till the box reaches the bottom, then appears again). You have no time left to throw a second one on it, and you die. Maybe it is just a very high computer AI I did not count with? happy

It happened with me 3 times, and always happened at the most right platform.

Would be nice to see, how the same game would perform after an Austrospeed or LITWR compiler? Unplayable speed? or more fluent gameplay?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024