Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-12-20
07:34:23
 Read Club Info in English (sort of)

Club Info, the German diskmag just celebrated 150 issues this year. Its history is rooted deep in the German scene, so over the years the need for English translation has come up a few times. In the age of automatic translation, all we would need is a way to copy/paste the magazine's text into a translator service. That might be a troublesome task using an actual Commodore Plus/4 :-)

Thankfully, the arduous legwork of faithfully extracting all the text has now been completed. This little side project was started in January, with Erich's blessing. Therefore, users of Chrome can now easily use the build-in translation service to get a pretty good translation of the mag's text. For users of other browsers, we've added a button with a link. There's also another suggested site: [ DeepL ], but we can't link to them, so you'll have to use copy/paste to get a translation.

More than 15 million characters of text is waiting for you, if you're interested :-) Enjoy!

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-12-21
07:34:23
 Re: Read Club Info in English (sort of)

Wow, it is great, thank you for the hard work done.
Actually I did my best to read the German articles, especially the programming related stuff was great. Unfortunately my German skills are weak (at best), so it is a great achievement to help the humble minority who does not speak German happy Thank you all!

Posted By

SVS
on 2018-12-21
14:20:57

Great job, Csabo!
Thanx

Posted By

George
on 2018-12-22
09:55:13

I am impressed, how much love and work you put in this site. Congratulations!

Posted By

Epy
on 2018-12-22
17:37:35

Thank you very much happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024