Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-11-01
09:13:00
 Re: Zombie Calavera Prologue released

I'm so glad to see a new Plus/4 game released happy

I've been playing with it for a while, and I really wanted to "get into it", but I found that to be hard. So there's a few minor(?) complaints that I have. The style definitely gets a "plus" point for looking the way it does, fits thematically, etc., but I found that it really strains my eyes to be able to see where my player is. Even worse are the screen switches, which sometimes occur very rapidly. The map is... not great. Well, to be more specific, the hallmark of a good game in my opinion is a smooth learning curve. The first few rooms/areas are easy and give the player a chance to learn the basics. Then, more elements are introduced and the difficulty slowly ramps up. Here, all rooms are essentially the same thing and the same difficulty throughout, no new puzzles or elements appear. I couldn't really find a logical flow to the map - seems like if someone can actually make it all the way through without dying, they would be forced to revisit old areas and backtrack quite often. But my biggest complaint by far is the controls; the way the player/enemy collision works seems unpredictable to me, and I really struggled to try and use that to my advantage. With the unlimited energy cheat I could get around a bit more, but it's just hard to navigate in general.

Well, I'm not much of an action gamer though, so perhaps I'm not the perfect target audience happy Regardless of any issues, it looks like a solid release and I'm still glad that you guys took the time to port it to the Plus/4 as well.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024