Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2018-10-15
11:19:22
 Re: Knight Lore WIP

Luca is completely right. "We" are just using Knaecketracker but reload the player routine on every music change or level switch.. If we are lucky some day, Degauss will implement a clean songswitch functionality in Knaecketracker, currently there is a ?lot? of selfmodifying code which relies on the current song in memory. If you load another song currently the best thing would be to also reload the player routine, currently. Could be that I never told this to Ingo but I think I already did.

If all songs are at the same place in memory all the time Knaecketracker can actually be used, the only thing is that you could have leftover notes from the last played song directly at the starting of a new song.

If you change the songs or the memory layout on the fly, there can be actually quite heavy bugs and crashes.. However this didn't prevent me personally from using Knaecketracker since it provides a third voice for sfx and reloading the player just takes a glimpse of an eye if you use Bitfire or Krills loader.

Hope you will find a propper musician soon. $1000 should be possible for player and song.. (TedZacker/Knaecketracker)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024