Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-09-12
17:42:49
 Re: Starting off again

No problem, going in blind is never easy and because I had to remind my self what was what I thought I'd share.

At the moment your demo has a little dude character that looks like the brother of Tom Thumb, and THAT I do like make no mistake. happy

But just to share a thought..., the thing that 'made' Icicle Works apart from the superior smoothness and flow of play over Boulder Dash was also the Santa theme. Having another theme might help.
I was thinking maybe a Far East theme, like have a little rounded Ninja dude as the main character and being dressed in black might help for color or the lack of. Take Last Ninja 2 & 3, some of the in-game artwork images of him they used black and blue, blue adding definition.

I know ninja's are Japanese but you could borrow some chinese style art like the great wall of china, lion statues at the end of a wall, moving panda's and even a chinese dragon boss as a moving snake running about.

On ZX spectrum there is a game called Ninjajar, it's a platform but the main character is a little round ninja guy. I guess even Future Knight could of been a ninja if he wore black. wink

and a name for all this dreaming of a theme? Duno..., Rock Shifter Ninja.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024