Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-09-09
08:40:54
 Re: Starting off again

Doug,

Your Icicle Works music was awesome and that Bell sound you created for the lift in Fingers Malone was also one of the most unique sounds ever to come out of the machine back in the day, very un-ted sounding and crystal clear, 10/10! Your better than you think you are!

Knaecketraecker,
Old topic: forum/30248

Just some advice more than anything...
Best thing to do if you fancy a mess about is to load an example you like the sound of and then your have some voices ready to use. Take a look at how a tune was put together and it won't take long to see how it works.

Don't expect classic TED music notes to sound the same, (like SOUND1,596,10 for example) when playing long notes. It sort of loops like a seconds worth of note over and over but what this allows is that you can add volume setting commands as it plays and get cool results.

Also and I don't know the word for it..., there is a slight off sync timing going on as your tune plays which sort of jazzes things up. No two patterns will sound the same because of this effect even if they are identical. Can be a little off putting at first but you get used to it.

It's easy to get into any way and the docs that come with it I recall have a few commands explained, like how do you jump to the next pattern half way through another. Just save before you doing anything major like copy/paste a pattern until you have the hang of it. If you have ever messed with say Protracker on an Amiga then that's how easy it is to get into it. Making new sounds will be the hardest part, borrow other peoples sounds for now and see what you get is my advice. Your son is very brave looking in to something that comes from the dark ages of gaming, hope he has some fun any way! happy

PS. As a reminder, one of the note voice channels can't be played at the same time as the noise channel, I think it's voice 1 & 3 which need to be on the same channel/track and then voice 2 on it's own channel/track.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024