Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-08-17
10:32:23
 Re: Tom Thumb

CP4 which is an Amiga Plus4 emulator normally displays Tom Thumb a bit like that 1st image, as if two pictures are sat on top of each other. That said CP4 did not emulate a Plus/4 perfectly and this was a video mode display issue.
It's been a long time but I used to load Tom Thumb twice, back over it's self in the CP4 Amiga emulator to glitch the software to display the game... May not be possible with a real machine!

But of course your Plus/4 is not an emulator which may suggest something might be up with the motherboard. Back in the early days of Plus4 emulation every one had issues displaying Tom Thumb properly, but there was also another game which was Thrust that also had issues. I would try Thrust to see what that looks like, it may also mess up if this glitch is related.

A shame you don't have another machine to try which could prove it might be your motherboard. If it were mine I would be tempted to change the CPU as the CPU in these 264 series also displays what you see on screen. I would ask about before buying more hardware and chips though.
The best person to ask would be Crock as he created a diagnostics cartridge and knows a lot more about what makes these machines tick. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024