Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-08-02
23:23:05
 Blast from the past

(Numbered)

Two old pics of the Hungarian demoscene from Larry. Can you name everyone? No, seriously, I mean can you? Cause I can't happy

First one (with the Debrecen sign), left to right: Tiger, Oby, Larry, DCD (ID thanks to Ati)

Second one (use the numbered link for clarity):
1: Tiger
2: Larry (ID thanks to Ati)
3: Oby (ID thanks to Ati)
4: Dale (ID thanks to Lavina, edhellon)
5: SJP (edhellon)
6: Oscar
7: Lavina (ID thanks to Lvn)
8: ?
9: TCFS
10: Crafty
11: Unreal (ID thanks to Lvn)
12: Ninja (ID thanks to Lvn)
13: Maybe Maugli?
14: DCD (ID thanks to Lvn)
15: Paul (ID thanks to Lvn)
16: Cooler (ID thanks to DCD and Cooler)
17: (sitting) Harry (ID thanks to Lvn)
18: Coby

Have fun happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-08-03
03:16:04
 Re: Blast from the past

4: Dale (?)
7: The higher one is me, Lavina.
11: Unreal
12: It's Ninja and the one with the head over shoulders (15) is Paul.
14: The one behind Paul is DCD.
17: Harry

I also have this photo and/or very similar ones to it. I'll check at home. Some of the above solutions can also be checked on the gotu website (in IMAGE LIBRARY) among the photos from the same party. wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-08-03
09:44:11

#7 from the GOTU image library is indeed another photo taken from the same place, same time. I fixed it up a little and positioned it so that it overlaps with the photo above. (Open them in different browser tabs and switch back-and-forth happy)

BTW, I was kinda thinking #7 was you, but didn't want to say something too dumb :-)

On this one, Lacoste appears on the left of SJP, so it stands to reason that he took the first picture (and you, Lavina, who is missing here probably took this one).

Also, between TCFS and Ninja looks like Maugli still, I'm confident it's him, though it would be nice for someone else to confirm.

#2 and #3 are also the same guys from the "Debrecen" pic.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-08-03
10:14:02

Yes, I took this one as well as the other ones on my site. One one of them (not published yet) you can see Lacoste shooting pics so yes, I remember we two took these photos.

Posted By

Ati
on 2018-08-03
10:31:48

First pic: Tiger, Oby, Larry, Dcd
Third pic: yes, there are Oby and Larry too, and between Tcfs and Ninja is Maugli.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-08-03
10:32:40

Thanks Ati, I updated the original post. So looks like the first pic is from those 4 guys going to this party happy

We're not only missing 4, 8, 16.

Posted By

Ati
on 2018-08-03
10:41:46

It was good afternoon, when W-man and I went to Oby's place on a cycle. He tested my new game Bloby.
It was another funny day, when WLS went to SLD with Lacoste's car. Oby was there too.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-08-03
11:10:27

I guess 8 was just a scener without nickname.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-08-03
16:10:40

Edhellon also thinks #4 is Dale. Since it hasn't been said in this thread, looks like this is "Global Pardey 2", 1994 in Debrecen. (Edit: Dale confirmed it as well.)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-08-05
05:08:08

DCD says 16 is Cooler

Btw I think this first photo was digitized and used in a demo.

Edit: Found it. It's in the endpart.

Also, this pic of Ninja is also from that party, I guess. :)

It was a memorable party :) I see that Infinily from EVS is marked as release at this party. The other one was Techno Trance from GS if I'm not mistaken. It's not marked yet. That won 2nd place as well as there was no other release if I recall it corretly.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-08-05
14:34:47

Cooler also confirmed it's him happy

Nice find about Virtual Reality, I sort of recalled that I've seen it.

Small site update: the search function will now get hits from the list of compos.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024