Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Torque222
on 2018-06-21
16:04:26
 Re: A New Resolution!

It is true I was talking about the color combinations.
Under graphic 1 there are only 128 unique chr$ available.
Don't forget that in this mode the foreground and background colors can be independently different.
This Ascii picture has 9216 fonts that it sorts through in order to pick the best possible choice for each position.
My numbers in the previous are correct except when foreground and background are the same.
I that instance that creates a duplicate font that really is not needed.
But that occurrence only happens under black or when foreground and background match.
Under graphic 1 you can change background and foreground.

Under text mode, you have 30720 unique fonts per color set a color set meaning a fixed background.
Under text mode, there are 16 different sets.
30720 X 16 = 491520 but these cannot be displayed at the same time and the only set I have completed is black and that took 2 weeks!

The above-mentioned grey scale set of 9216 fonts took less than a week as I have found better methods for creating them.

If you run the program you can press a key and scroll through the photo.
By typing in its number range 0-35 I think.
Although it is slow right now it does still let you see the entire graphic.

|Could you give us some explanation about what these numbers mean?|
All foreground possibilities under "graphic 1" are 16 colors and 8 luminescence levels for each screen position.
All background possibilities under "graphic 1" are 16 colors and 8 luminescence levels for each screen position.
Sense background and foreground can be changed independently this greatly increases our font possibilities.
And 128 unique fonts available under the default system.
Means, 16 X 16 X 8 X 8 X 128 = 2097152
There is a subtraction from the above number but it is only because black has no luminescence levels and when foreground and background are the same.

Regards...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024