Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2018-06-12
09:41:22
 Re: Who has managed to load tap files on this site from a cassette?

The .tap images work on the real hardware when using the Princess C64SD
http://www.commodore16.com/

I've never tried playing them back on the real hardware but to save messing about it might be better to get a CD Cassette Adapter and play the wav files into the 1531 directly from PC. All you need to do then is to get the correct volume level on your PC.

The first ever C16/Plus4 tape images were wav files that I personally made and to be honest getting the volume level just right so it would load in Yape was not easy, this might also be true with the reverse...
To limit any issues that tap-wav apps might or may have I would first try a direct wav recording from tape. Rockman wav is one such game I did. Try using that as it's not converted but a direct recording from an original tape. A CD Cassette Adapter will make life easier as you won't need to record the audio every time, and if you master the correct volume level then it may well be the right level for tape recordings, or very close to it.

But yeah, getting the volume level correct is the key to getting any audio tap/tape working. This is also true for other computers such as the ZX Spectrum.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024