Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-05-29
02:51:12
 Re: New feature of LUMYDCTT: (Music) ZackZack

gerliczer sent me another private message in which he wasn't satisfied with my English translation of his thoughts. So I would like to share the original Hungarian text (because it is very important and isn't contained any secrets of private life):

"Szóval az a baj, hogy a TED nem igazán jeleskedik a hangmagasságok pontos szabályzásában. SVS Ultimate Map-jében ez nagyon jól látszik a frekvenciák eltérésének oszlopában a TED lapon. És ezt még fokozná, ha nem a teljes 10 bites pontosságú regiszterérték lenne használva. Igazán csak azoknak tűnik fel ez, akiknek rendkívül jó zenei hallásuk van, de kevesebb mint 200 bájt azért talán csak nem túl nagy áldozat a precizitás oltárán. Ráadásul még azt is meg szokták lépni a coderek, hogy nem a 10 bites regiszter értékek vannak tárolva a programban, hanem 8 bites növekmények, amit inicializáláskor használnak a hangjegytábla generálására. A generáló rutin és adatok területét meg később fel lehet használni munkaterületnek, átmeneti adatok tárolására, így ez a memória 'visszanyerhető'."

I think the Hungarian people / language / thoughts are the most complicated things all over the world.

Well, please, give me a better translation of the above text than me and I will select a valuable prize by a draw for the best one. Good Luck!

By the way, please write down how to tell "Elkelkáposztástalanítottátok" in English, thanks... happy

Stinaris, in that case you like thinking in hyper-ultra optimized way, so please give me the most efficient algorithm for the best sound compressing. Let's be more weird.

The 1st: indexes refer to a table of sound notes? It is not good enough, because we need store the whole 10 bit-values and indexes, too. What's more, a lot of notes cannot be available.

The 2nd: storing only 8bit-incremental values? It is not good enough, because we need the initial value (10bit) and then 8 bits... (and when the difference is bigger than 8 bit we need a new initial value, again)

The 3rd: my idea, storing the upper 8 bits? It seems good at the moment.

Do you want to play a music with 707 samples? How many different values are in it?

Nothing is impossible. happy

LUMYDCTT v2.8.6:
- Some bugs are killed: fixing a tooltip for COLOR
- Align objects when resizing window
- Improving status bar messages
- Thinking buttons on the toolbar

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024