Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-05-08
17:46:06
 Re: [Lone News] Issue 21's call for votes

I just read Lone News 21. Congrats, it was a nice read!

It was a chilling feeling to read again a fresh discmag on the Plus/4! happy
(Club Info is also nice one with long history, unfortunately my German is not so good, so I always start it, and check the content, but usually give up after 10-15 minutes of reading, sorry Erich!).
In this case I could read every single character...

The GFX is really well made and the musics are very well selected. Especially the intro one, very well fits the theme.
Music works well and clean in TED mode too (thanks TLC!), so majority of the reading was done in TED music mode.
I hoped a new TED tune from the Top1 musician, but not all dream can come true happy

OFF
Somehow I feel addressed by the intro text happy Because I am a dreamer of special hardwares, unfortunately without the skills of Solder grin
But still loving the Plussy as it is.
(it is a kind of strange feeling, that in 1994 I could built a z80 based working computer with RAM, basic inputs and all the others (it was the task (homework) to be done in one month in the school) and now I have no clue how I could do that, just remember the draft circuit diagrams I made and rewrote 20 times happy ).

You know I just received from US my RAMLINK2 for C64: it has 16MB extreme fast (possibly battery backed) SRAM can be used as storage device (with 1541, 1571 or 1581 emulation), clock port, built in JiffyDOS, 1MB memory expansion slot, HDD connector.
So you have almost everything in one device, without opening up your fav Commodore.
I feel sad, that all those nice C64 hardwares (including the Yamaha based Sound Expander, or SuperCPU, or the PageFox DTP cartridge with extra 32KB RAM and 64ROM) were not developped for the 264 series too. When I made a small mag for my schoolmates, or created a small invitation letter, I had to switch on my C64 with GEOS, as I had no proper tools (at that time) to create them on Plus/4, although I wished I could do it.

So the more I think the more I am confident, that those 30 years old frustration make me want to show, that 264 series could done it better :-) .
and you could see with Evo Lution how great this machine could be supported by a well made HW.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024