Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

carrion
on 2018-05-11
09:45:23
 Re: Laura - proof of concept project

@all
thanks for kind words. as you see its only POC by now. But 'm talking to programmer of the original Atari game about sharing some code and ofcoz resources so I don't have to rip them like I did fir this test. The Laura game is popular lately in Poland as it was developed here and Atari community is quite strong here. Author says it's a mixture of Robbo and Boulder Dash which kind of shows

@Luca
Vice bacause I code it on Mac OS and so far the vice is sufficient as no hardware intensive code is in place. but I'll switch to windows and Yape soon.

@Mad
I did some small 6502 coding before so It's not new to me. C+4 hardware specs is on the other hand something I still have to master.

@MIK
I just have heard of Chips Challange lately 9(in TheRetroHour podcast last week wink ) and I have to see it what it is exactly.

As said I'll work a bit with original programmer of Atari game to see what can be reused then I'll decide if/how to progress with the game. There is some simple AI to the aliens in later levels which I think could be a challange for me to code.
I will definitively ask some coding questions here too, so coders - be prepared happy
Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum wants me to edit this post :( and apparently links don't work from edited post here you are:

I have some progress to the game engine.
Check it out at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Q_H-hDfqs

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024