Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Galcz​insky
on 2018-03-15
16:09:10
 Silly question about directory manipulation

My question is really silly & simple but I'm anything but an expert with this kind of srtuff.

How can I add some dividers between directory entries (e.g. --------------- or ******** or else) to a floppy directory?

And how can I add even some text to the directory - which could be put into a rectangular frame, e.g. with round edges? I know, of course, howe to draw the lines and the round egdes but I have no clue how to get this into the drectory - at a directory position where I want to have it being displayed.

These self made directory entries I mean are marked as "DEL" whereas the normal entries use to to be "PRG" or "SEQ".

This is for real 5.25" floppies to be fed into my 1551, not for the modern SDIEC media or else.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-03-15
16:22:07
 Re: Silly question about directory manipulation

I am not an expert, but I bet Your best friend will be DirMaster (it is a PC tool, just enter it at the Search field).
You will have the full control on the text and there are some nice presets there to nicely form your directory's look. If you check any of my slideshows, the direectory was made with Dirmaster. (they are nor very fantastic, but have the elements you are looking for)
You can freely add text with zero file there. Do not forget to Validate the floppy, if it was used for other purpose beforehand.
( I noticed some bug in the last version, but nothing really serious.)

Posted By

Galcz​insky
on 2018-03-16
15:24:25

MMS, thank you for your response. Following your advice, I found "dirmaster". A really versatile tool!

I was, however, looking for a tool, or a hint or whatever, either Basic or machine code, allowing directory entries using the real Plus/4 environment, i.e. a Plus/4 and a floppy drive. - Maybe I find a solution somewhere in the C64 community.

Anyway, thanks again for your posting.

Ilona

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-03-16
15:49:19

DirMaster is THE answer, but if you wanna edit a disk on the real machine, I suggest Dir-god V3.3.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024