Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Doug
on 2018-03-07
16:43:13
 Re: New Plus/4 game to be out this weekend!

Its toe in the water time .. I am looking for any advice on decent development tools & environments.

I am running Manjaro (basically Arch) Linux, so there's lots to pick from.

I'm sadly lacking any real h/w, so it emulation only at present. I'm running VICE which seems OK for now, but I'm not sure what the best emulator is. VICE seems to stuggle with Pets Rescue, which is not a good sign. What's the preferred emulator round here? [EDIT : answered my own question - just built plus4emu, and its great. I can get on with this. And Pets Rescue works!]

I've kicked the tyres on cc65 (and associated bin-utils), and it seems well up to the job. The assembler seems fairly fully featured, and I like that I can code in C if I want. What do others use? I'm not a big fan of IDEs, so traditional makefiles, vim, cc/as equivalents etc is just fine by me. Anything better than cc65 I should look at?

I am going to start digging around for tech ref material on TED and the Plussy - I'm sure there's stuff on this site somewhere. I need to remember all that stuff I've forgotten.... oh, and some idea for a game would be good too, but that's always the hard part. happy For now I'll settle for getting familar with the C= world again.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024