Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2017-10-07
11:16:33
 Exomizer and $ae address

Hi,
It seems that when an exomized file in stand alone mode is decrunching it destroys the content of the $ae address (last used device),
is there a workaround to know the last used device ? and avoid "hard coding" device 8 ?

Thanks guys! happy

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2017-10-07
12:21:54
 Re: Exomizer and $ae address

The device number can also be found at $0277.

If using a different compressor is not a problem, you can try that as well, there is one included with my emulator package (https://github.com/istvan-v/plus4emu/releases) that compresses well enough.

Posted By

siz
on 2017-10-07
13:07:58

I've just checked the Exomizer decruncher source: it uses $ae and $af to store the decrunch source address. You can suggest the author to relocate it to a different location (or you can change it for yourself and compile your own version). You can contact the author using the Exomizer home pagehttps://bitbucket.org/magli143/exomizer/wiki/Home.

... or you can give IstvanV's compressor a try too.

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-10-07
14:25:16

Maybe you may store the $ae value somewhere in the beginning of the depacking, then restore it at the end; let's say...$d8:
exomizer sfx  -s "lda$ae sta$d8" -f "lda$d8 sta$ae" filename.prg -o outputfile.prg

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-10-07
17:13:08

I came across this issue as well, what Luca suggests above is exactly what I did in Crackers' Demo 5, worked fine.

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2017-10-08
00:59:18

Hey! Thanks all for your great and fast replies !
I didn't remember that Exomizer could include pre and post asm fragments to be executed, what a cool feature ! It works nicely !
I will check Istvan's compressor as well !

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024