Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-08-14
10:21:20
 Re: Arok 2017

The pictures do look lovely! When I looked at it closer, it appeared to be interlaced hires FLI, plus the horizontal position shifted. I asked Larry specifically about what I might be missing; he mentioned that his previous converter only used 2 bitmaps and 4 color maps (so only the bitmaps were interlaced, not the colors), but this one uses 2 bitmaps and 8 colors maps (so both the bitmaps and the colors are interlaced). Each 2 pixel lines is shifted horizontally to the optimal position, so that the color loss is minimal.

This puts it on par with IstvanV's converter, with the following settings: Conversion type: High resolution FLI, bitmap interlace only; vertical resolution 200; X shift optimized - but using twice the color maps. Using "Interlaced high resolution FLI" (which in turn uses 464 vertical resolution o_O) produces better results; but I still can't believe that video mode is even real happy

Anyway, I was really surprised to find that this (interlacing the color maps too) was *not* the default for all previous interlaced FLI pics. I guess that is the step forward here.

So... The big question is: will anyone ever do a real single line FLI? happy I have a suspicion it might be possible with FF1E writing, to trick the TED into reading a full 80 bytes each line, not just 40.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024