Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-05-29
18:39:17
 How to upload my old Commodore Plus/4 programs on this site?

Some years ago I managed to create a cable (XM1541) and transfer as many programs from Commodore Plus/4 floppies to PC as I can with the help of GUI4CBM4WIN.

So what can I do for uploading these programs onto this site?

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-05-29
18:57:23
 Re: How to upload my old Commodore Plus/4 programs on this site?

You can use the first form out of three available here uploading up to max 2Mb per file, otherwise, for extremely big archives, send the stuff to me or Csabo. Thank you.

EDIT: oops, link fixed.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2017-05-29
20:53:09

Luca's link earlier does not contain a proper URL. The correct link is SiteUploader.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-05-30
17:35:55

Ok, then only one more question about it.

If I upload a (or more) program(s), how the site knows who does it?

eg.: I click on the name of "Luca", "Csabo" or "JamesC", I will see what they upload. Because they are members, I think.

(...but I am not a member, maybe I will be member if I make some comments from the same nick-name and IP address...)

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-05-30
18:29:48

Those are not our individual uploads, those are all the releases where we've respectlively been part of (anyway that list has a title with "Releases by..." as beginning, so it should be self explaining...).

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-06-01
13:44:27

Thank you for replying.

I have just uploaded two files (assembly.d64 and ted.d64) for first time in order to see the consequence.

(but I don't know how they will be under my name, because both was written by myself and I would like to write a description and maybe upload some screenshots for the following programs, too)

I am waiting for being a member.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-06-01
14:25:46

The consequence is: I saw your programs happy Thanks! (As Luca already pointed it out in the first reply, that's all really what will happen. It just gets sent to us, so pretty much same as sending an email.)

How they would be under your name? Well, one of us would add a program record, and then add a note that you were the coder. Usually once someone has at least 3 releases (or if we have some interesting info about the person, etc), we create a member record as well. Then it's clickable and tied to the program - no need for notes.

Anyway, just send me an email with your info and I'll create a member record for you.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-06-02
16:18:25

OK, I understand your aspects with creating somebody as a member.

I am not famous for anything... happy
There is nothing special about me... happy

The consequence may be: giving some information what I have just uploaded the site, for example: what is it about, how to run, what were the circumstances when it was written, etc.

...and one more question: "What will be happening when I would like to update a program that I uploaded a little time ago???"

I sent my information to you [plus4(at)rogers dot com] in the morning.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-06-02
17:01:48

Yep, got your email. (I'm in Canada, and I have work and other responsibilities. I realize it's 11 PM home, but for me it's just 5 PM). Anyway, I'm adding your member record now. I'd say that's still pretty good response time wink

If you update a program, there's 3 things that can happen:
- We silently update the program image on our site (in case of small bugs, etc.)
- We add a new download with a different version number
- Or we add a completely new program entry
Check SD2IEC SID Player V2 as an example: it was significantly different than the first version (which also had some updates).

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2017-06-04
15:34:29

OK, don't worry, be happy! happy

What are you doing in Canada? It's your new home and you forget all about Hungary(?)

Anyway, thanks for your work with my member record. So can you try to guess the others thoughts? happy (making screenshots, etc.)

"ted.d64" is in Hungarian, not English. (I created Hungarian accentuated letters for it.)

...and you can mention "Turbo Vision 4 BASIC" and this may be the third release (it's need for a real member happy) of me in emulation section. (description TV4B.PDF 3,36MiB and the full program (with programs, descriptions and utilities) is 11,4MiB --> http://www.charlemagne.hu Work:TV4B)

Posted By

JamesC
on 2017-06-05
01:25:05

@Charlemagne - I changed Ted's entry in the database to reflect Hungarian language, per your post above.

Screenshots on a program's entry here are mainly to help someone know if it's the same one they seek (jogging their memory, in a way). Additional screenshots to "promote" or "publicize" your programs are more appropriate on your own website. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-06-05
09:05:24

Hey, to quickly answer your questions:

What am I doing in Canada? Working, taking care of the kids, eating, sleeping... You know, the usual happy

Is it my new home? Well, sure, I've lived here for more than 20 years now. Did I forget about Hungary? Of course not, my parents still live, I speak with them every week, and I come back to visit every couple of years. In fact we're going home next month. I was hoping to be able to attend Arok and meet some folks, but unfortunately Arok is in August this year :-/

As for the rest of the site stuff, we can work those things out in emails/PMs. I realize that the site's user experience for newcomers is nowhere near perfect, so a fresh pair of eyes always helps. Keep the suggestions coming!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024