Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-03-23
08:04:57
 New Bunch Of Stuff Added

Letter Sequences/Long And ShortAnother auction has been won on eBay, another bunch of missing software comes to fix our software database.

Today we saved both Italian's originals/cracks and early beginnings software from CBM U.S., and we added in some missing pictures like covers and cassettes. First of all Letter Sequences/Long And Short and Maze Mania with their respective manuals and accessory stuff, and Mindbenders (Italian version, and we just had the relative manual for this). Savage Collection N.2 and Al Ladro / Briscola compilations from the rare Savage Software's production, Jackson Soft Compilation 3 also comes to complete the whole series (although a better TAP would be fine in the near future), and Software Club #15 enters as another piece of the jigsaw regarding this series to better define its dualism between Italian and German versions. Star Fighter is another Playvision's resold crack, just as Star Wars (Golden Software) would have been too, being probably the very first release from Golden Software, but the tape has been found quite gone forever due the bad preservation state, and it remains a MIA... Plus, additional cassette pictures for C16 Super Games 1, C16 Super Games 2, Olimpia 1 / Evadere, Math Games And Word Problems.
Thanks to these entries, several mistakes have been fixed: now we own the official release of Android Nim, and we have a better idea about the different versions of Assedio. Unfortunately, the archive still misses a disk image for Letter Sequences/Long And Short, which may rise as soon as possible in our hopes.

EDIT: a last minute acquisition is Trivia, a quite rare Italian software indeed.

Posted By

carrion
on 2017-03-28
08:04:57
 Re: New Bunch Of Stuff Added

I'm totally stunned by the effort you guys put into preserving all this software!
Respect to all involved.

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-03-28
12:29:12

Same here! (what carrion said!)

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-03-28
12:43:06

Thank you guys happy A very worthy 20€ p&p included to spend on eBay, hafta say.
This never ends, more to come...

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-03-28
16:21:19

Actually I notice that Golden Star Wars cover.
And it is stated, that it is missing. So, the tape is not readible any more? Or just try to digitize it soon(ish)?
Just asking, because the label looks fantastic, and actually I am in love with those "Old English/Gothic" type of charsets...

(actually, it was my surprise too, that 75-80% of my old 30 years old floppies were readible in my "new" 1571 drive, but never tested my tapes, though they are still available).

OFF:
This week I bough on ebay for the same amount of money an XBOX360 HD-DVD drive that works with PC + 3 almost new HD-DVD title.
Interestengly it was also a kind of retro purchase, as the support of HD-DVD standard stopped by Toshiba exactly 9 years ago happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-03-28
17:59:12

Unfortunately, that copy of Star Wars (Golden Software) has turned out to be 90% with no signal :/

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-03-29
00:43:28

Aaaah, sorry to hear.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024