Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-03-27
13:25:36
 Housekeeping

Few minor notes about recent site updates (AKA site improvements):
- You can now subscribe to posts (see link at the bottom of pages on the forum). When you're subscribed, you will get an email if anyone replies. I guess this is useful if you don't visit the site daily. Requires a valid email address.
- I added "YouTube" field to member records. If you have a YouTube channel, it can be linked there.
- Added links to the HOF for non-members, clicking those will lead to a page that shows all the scores for that user (e.g. Kincsi)

That's it.

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-03-27
13:41:14
 Re: Housekeeping

Great! Especially the subscribe to a post is kinda nice feature!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2017-03-27
16:00:48

Thanks for the effort Csabo! Much appreciated.

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-03-30
16:20:16

These are great add-ons! Thanks!

UPDATE:
I recently found something, that was different (better) in the past, if my memory still OK.
Now if I go on a picture of a game, gfx, etc, then it zooms in the way, that 1/4 of the increased picture right area is out of the screen.
I cannot follow it with the brwser's bar, because as soon the mouse left the area, it goes back to the original size.
I tested it on Opera, Internet Edge, Chrome, and they all behave the same way.

The zoom feature is extremely useful when you check a picture in more details. If you could do a favour to move the zoomed picture starting position to a little more left, I would be really grateful :-)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-03-30
21:30:36

I added a bit of JS to fix this. Works for me in FF and Chrome. Please give it a try and see if it's better.

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-03-31
15:57:49

I checked the fix, it works perfectly with Opera, my older Chrome, Internet Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
(I think we covered the 90% of browsers, except Mac and some Linux users)

A huge THX for the quick fix ! happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-04-05
19:08:08

I optimized the HOF page, due to all the games, the size has grown too big. It only netted ~20% reduction, which is still good I guess. Plus one benefit is a small new feature: showing the ranks after the 3rd can now be toggled on/off.

While we're on this topic... Don't forget to play some games and submit your scores happy

Posted By

Jakec
on 2017-04-06
04:30:34

ThX. I will try.It's big help.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-04-06
18:02:35

I optimized the code more, another ~10% reduction. This wouldn't be worth mentioning, but the stuff affects all pages (in the default style) - so please report anything that looks broken (and the type of browser you're viewing the site in).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024