Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-12-05
15:13:48
 Site updates

Just a short PSA, I added a few minor fixes to the site.

- First off, the Uploader Features / SiteUploader is working again!
- There's now a Submit link also at the top of the HOF page (you don't have scroll all the way down)
- For logged in members only, you can see a guests IP if you hover over their name.

Let me know if you see any problems on the site, or if you have feature requests. I might even do them happy Also don't forget that if you're a member, you can EDIT stuff, there's lots of stuff that need editing.

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-12-06
15:16:02
 Re: Site updates

Csabo: can I suggest you to put a button, visible only if logged, by which go to the SiteUploader page?
Thank you.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-12-07
09:27:15

I don't think this is warranted. I just checked the logs, we had a total of 96 log entries for the site uploader in the last 14 months (and none of them is you happy). So that's roughly one person uploading something every 5 days. In other words, this is a very rare event, not something that everyone would be using all the time.

So there are 3 cases for uploads: image for the forum (link is already there on the forum post page), uploading an image for HOF (link is already there, as it's part of the submit process).

Anyway, let me know if you come up with other stuff... I always think people would be asking for stuff like advanced search, or improve the site's layout for mobile devices, or perhaps some database related stuff. I guess we're about as good as we're gonna get? wink

Posted By

Gaia
on 2016-12-07
16:50:20

It's always nice to see improvements given the spare time that can be allotted to this crazy hobby of ours wink

Posted By

carrion
on 2016-12-08
02:15:54

An easy way to update/change avatar image would be nice wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2016-12-08
07:58:07

@Csabo: Ok I'll keep in mind the link to the upload page.
...so that, instead of send files to Luca, like I did, I'll send directly to the site wink
Thanx

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-12-09
03:59:17

Csabo: just a short comment: if you look for statistics, for a long time the uploader did not work. I tried to upload things 5-6 times, but was not possible. Please add them to the 96 too happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-12-09
08:46:59

Yes, those are included in the log, like all other error messages. In fact, they artificially inflate the number, since that should have been counted as one upload action by one member, but it generated several entries happy So my point still stands happy

That's my reply to you, carrion as well: changing/updating the avatar comes up maybe once a year? Basically very rarely. Adding new code would take a lot more time than what we would save by you using it! Anyway, if you'd like to change your avatar, simply upload the new image using the site uploader (quick!) and write me a PM (also quick!). I'll be happy to take a care of the rest.

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-12-09
13:28:19

Because I know, it is a manual task, I did not want to bother you with my avatar pic... Please let me know, when it will become automatic happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024