Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-14
 Feed the beast!

In order to be extremely clear:
WE NEED TO FEED THE BEAST!

If you have unreleased routines, if you can convert from c64 a shitty text adventure written in basic simply changing background color's address, if you want to release something but you see not so much scene...DO IT!

Personally I want:
- move other steps in the XeO3 project (MIIIIIIIKE! )
- release a final entry helping bubis/Resource and watch all the entries and final charts
- release LoneNews14
- continue to composing SIDs

We only need to release, release and release again, we must vomit tons of C=264 stuff, we need to feed the beast!

Posted By

Mike
on 2003-01-14
 *sniff*

I know....I know....

I have so little free time just now... I working nights...weekends.... Im just so busy...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-14
 Mike -->

What about days? Can you work on Plus/4 stuff during the day? How about during meals and while sleeping? (Coca-Cola and Chinese takeout, that's what fed Bill Gates those first few years!)

Kidding..... I understand.... I have the same problems myself.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-14
 Hmmm...

Lots of routines are available. James.. help on this...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-15
 Re: Feed the beast!

Luca, I agree 100%. Right on. Let's see some nice new proggies and some scene life! happy

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-15
 Okay...

Let's get the 1541 emulation tweaked and there will be plenty of proggys that can be submitted. Utils, Graphics, Games and Programming. Everything, over here, was written to 1541 as the common denominator... the 1551 was better (in some respects), but was quite unknown in Ntsc land. Most of the C64/C128 rewrites and Plus4 originals we did used the 1541. There still is the "line too long" error on creating arrays and fetching data from a 1541, in the Emus... Yape comes closest in 1541 mode.
Ah well, just a dream that someday we can just open any old D64 or D81 and go....

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-16
 Works on 1541 now...

Modified the array routines I used to use, works okay with Yape in 1541 mode. 1551 emulation still gives a "string too long error..".
Ah well....

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-16
 Csabo

The stuff is up at:
http://home.gci.net/~ace/plus4/
Ntsc-Pal compat. versions
Grab it if you want

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-01-24
 Standards

Okay, so looking at the code i've already done i have parts of a simple game. i could do something like "Dex" meets the homebrew conversion of "Sanxion" but would people actually want to play something like that...?

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-24
 NO! *DING* Wrong thought!

TMR!
This is the wrong way! If anybody would think it, we'll be ibernated for ever!
Do it for itself, do it for yourself, do it in order to seed an humus of coding, where in the future other projects will grow up happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-24
 Re: Standards

Right on, T.M.R. Finish that game. I for one would love to play it! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-24
 Me too!

...and don't forget to ask for graphics, musics or whatever you need...

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-01-25
 Well...

It's more a case of *starting* the game really, at the moment it's a pile of test stuff with very little in there to identify it as a game. What i've been sort of planning is scrolling about 20 lines of the screen, having the sprites move like "Sanxion" (stepping a character at a time every other frame) and studiously avoiding having stuff pass overthe background...

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-25
 Mmmm...

The first image in my mind (apart of the famous Sanxion) is Gwnn with more lines to scroll...
D'ya need graphics? Music? What about sprite's shape and dimensions?

BTW, if you'll enterprise (almost) fulltime the project, the XeO3 site may double its target happy

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-01-29
 Game stuff...

Eventually, i'll need music although i want to work with TED sound rather than SID and Sack/Cosine has expressed a vague interest in recoding his driver for the Plus/4. Graphically, i'm fairly adept having a few years experience on the C64... =-)

If i start getting anywhere, i'll post a note and link here...

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-30
 Nice to hear it

I remind that you can also play SID music as a TED one with a rastercheaper frequence converter.

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-01-31
 Sound

To be honest, i've never really been happy with the output from frequency converters, they don't take the full advantage of either the original SID tune or the TED. Some of the dedicated TED tunesi've heard in demos has been pretty brutal stuff so it'd be nice to have tunes like that so if i can talk a few people into it... On top of that, the raster overhead would be better i suspect! =-)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024