Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

carrion
on 2016-11-23
05:32:50
 Monumentum +4 gfx

OK. As promised here and there... I give you C plus/4 version of Monumentum demo gfx.

http://retronavigator.com/post/153553944973/monumentum-4-gfx-converted-and-recovered-from

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-11-23
05:43:18
 Re: Monumentum +4 gfx

Fantastic stuff. It's a pity that nobody has coded a vertical MFLI bitmap scroller for the buddha's scene (horizontal sounds quite difficult even to imagine, to me; maybe, somebody could afford both horizontal and vertical if they were normal MC...). Gonna upload it once at home wink

Posted By

carrion
on 2016-11-23
06:01:31

Well. The challenge for me then will be doing these pics in multicolor. happy
which IMO is possible but hard and time consuming. That's why I use MFLI and FLI on C64 wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-23
11:20:50

If MFLI is "just" MulticolorFli (fli every four lines), then it could be possible to code a horizontal scroller in it. One requirement would be that the pictures share the same foreground and background color. The vertical scroller is at least for me impossible, since the timings get squizzled up when modifying the vertical scroll register (ff06). If it has some time, perhaps i could provide a horizontal scrolling one. But no promises, I just don't know if I could combine bubis fli routine with the bitmap scrolling (ff1a/ff1b). Let's see.. (but it could take a serious amount of time)

edit: I forgot to say, that the images are majorely awesome! The horizontal scroller is my favourite one! (It's a little sad, that the demo would not be as advanced like the C64 version, if someone really does convert it, because of the missing sprites. And it uses sprites on many occasions.)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-11-23
09:55:12

Very nice images, I really like the overall color theme.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2016-11-23
14:01:55

Thanks! However I have missed scrolling too. It is sad that it is so difficult. I can't imagine why is C64 better for scrolling?

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-23
14:12:20

litwr it is more easy to scroll bitmaps on the plus4. It should also be possible to do a m-fli scroll horizontal and vertical, however it wasn't done already.. vertical scrolling get's a little more complicated, but you have almost the same complications on the c64 (and even more).. That said it should be more easy to do this on a plus/4! happy

Posted By

carrion
on 2016-11-23
15:48:10

@Mad
So maybe we can try together? wink I'm open for challenges.
Isn't MFLI every 2 lines?

btw one more question:
is there something like VSP on C+4? I've read somewhere (Degaus?) that with TED we can actually scroll screen vertically with hardware. like on the amiga? where you can set address to start display from and pass it to TED?

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-11-23
16:38:56

wo, there as SOOO nice... I really like the selected colors, they match to each other very well...

Posted By

Degauss
on 2016-11-23
17:32:51

Simply brilliant stuff. I always liked to see carrions pics with a different (= the plus/4) palette. Of all pictures, the glowing buddha is my favorite.

Posted By

Mad
on 2016-11-24
07:12:50

carrion I could give the horizontal one a try, even if it's a two line FLI (i thought that was DFLI). I think I could find some time in the next weeks. The +4 has a hadware VSP, however it works just every "8 lines" (logically you can select any 8x8 char as starting point for the image). For the "7 pixel" softpositioning you need the softscrollregister, and this scrambles up the FLI timings. The question would be if someone has already a MFLI source code and if that's every 2 lines.. Coding an MFli routine from scratch would be too much for me at the moment!

Posted By

carrion
on 2016-11-25
11:07:49

mad
let me know if you need gfx for this wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024