Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2003-01-09
 C16 / Plus 4 Magazine

I have just started to scan some of the magazines I used to write for back in 1986/1987 and have put the first issue onto a temporary home at:

http://www.aarongale.co.uk/c16/

I have only linked the large images and 2 zips at the moment, after all it is 2.30am and I have to work in the morning.

Csabo - would you want to integrate these into the database somehow as it would save me building web pages to access them?

The large images are 1600 x 2340 1 bit and the small are 800 x 1170 1 bit (How things change eh? Calling a 117kb image small when the C16 had what was it... 1kb graphics memory!)

Aaron

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-13
 Re: Scans

Sorry for the long delay. This first(?) issue is already online here at Plus/4 World: link. Although your scans are higher quality and per page (vs. Lando's double page scans). Down the road I do want to incorporate this into some kind of database. Until then, how about scanning some more issues wink Also, there is lots of information in this issue which has to be entered into the database. E.g. apparently there was a C16 text-only release of Gremlins. We should add this to the db, even though nobody has it...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-01-14
 PDF?

We may attempt making a PDF out of it with a decent OCR program. That would make them searchable...

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2003-01-14
 Issue 2

I have just scanned issue 2 so that should keep Csabo happy for a while! wink

I cleanup up the previous issues images as some were a bit off on the resolution I thought I'd converted them all to. Also I have changed the Zip files to contain GIF images.

Some of the scans look a little broken but it's not the scanning that was bad it's just an old magazine and the ink is fading!

2 Issues down, 10 more to go.

Happy reading.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024