Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Titler
on 2003-01-09
 Some basic Yape Questions

Hi folks;

Thanks to this wonderful emulator, I can once more relive the first machine I ever owned! But I have a few questions, if you could answer them for me;

1.) I'm using Yape 0.41. I have a gamepad in the Gameport at the back of my PC; it works fine in other games/emulators, but Yape doesn't seem to recognise it. It's not that it's in the wrong C=16 port... If I insert a USB gamepad, the other pad is moved onto Joy2, and the USB takes Joy1. Yape will then recognise that pad. I would prefer to use my other one however, which isn't USB. Any ideas what the problem is?

2.) It's not really a Yape issue I think, but Battle Star (which is hosted on this very site) doesn't auto-start. It shows "Run. Ready" but nothing happens.

And er... that's it I think for now! Thanks in advance.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-01-09
 YAPE / Battlestar

1) Use them the way they work..... and if your use a program that requires Joy 1 instead of Joy 2, then use the 'swap joystick port' function of YAPE. This should flipflop the USB and Gameport pads within the emulator.

2) Type SYS4106 and press RETURN if you are in BASIC, or G 100A and press RETURN if you are in the MONITOR. A quick look at the code indicates that it's not meant to be auto-start, at least the version on this site.

Posted By

Titler
on 2003-01-11
 Joysticks

Ahh, the SYS command works; I only ever owned a C=16 with tape deck, learn something new every day happy

But the joystick thing is still a problem. It won't recognise the game port pad at all; swapping ports in the emulator when both are connected doesn't work and it won't accept it when it is the only pad connected either (and I swapped ports to make sure, the pad always seems dead). I can play games by forcing the USB onto the required port, as you suggest... but games that have two players/sticks won't work, which is really why I'd like the gameport one working. Any ideas?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-01-11
 YAPE vs joystick

YAPE supports only one emulated joystick at a time as of yet (and if it's a PC joystick, only the the one that was connected as first).

Concerning your problem with the gamepad, I assume Windows allocated your USB port as the 1st joy and the game port as the second one.

I'll have a look at the code and see what I can do. I am long wanting to support two joysticks at the same time for 2-player games anyway, so maybe now's the time to do it wink

Posted By

Titler
on 2003-01-12
 TY for the reply...

I'm not sure why it doesn't like my gameport; even when it is the only connected stick, and first in (ie, I do a shut down, remove USB, reboot, start YAPE) it won't recognise it. But thanks for the answers; I can play via USB for now... however, never mind 2 stick support, what you really want to work on as well is some form of Kaillera internet client, for 2-player long distance Pottit sessions! Bua ha ha! *runs off laughing cheekily*

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024