Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-01-08
 Uploaded filenames

One suggestion to Csabo:
on the uploading table, a good idea should be to put a brief English translation of the Hungarian titles, so that all people (like me) who do not know that language, could have an idea about them.
In fact, unfortunately on-line translators do not work with Hungarian.
Do not angry Hungrian pals, hope you understand happy
Thank you.

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-01-08
 hun

No, you have to learn hungarian!!! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-08
 Apropo...

Csavargás A Gombák Birodalmában!!!
This is one of the best Plus/4 games ever! I would PAY in order to play it in english language!

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-01-08
 Ok, ok... we must learn Hungarian,

At least it is the original language of master-coders!

Csabo, Adam, Attila... please make up a page
with the starting lessons happy

Csabo... another work for the new year, wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-08
 Re: Uploaded filenames

English dictionaryGood ideas, SVS. Which uploading table do you mean? For most Hungarian games (e.g. Csavaragas) I translated the title and put it in the notes field. This is quickly done and I want to have it for all games - at least we will know the title. (I even translated some of the German titles.) If you find any more pieces of software with no title translation let me know.

If I understand you correctly, you also want a description of the game in English, something like I wrote for Sziget? This can be done of course, but it takes a lot more time. So I will do it for specific games, if someone requests it. When I find the time, I'll translate some of the text for Csavargas. By the way, if anyone needs one, here's an on-line Hungarian <--> English dictionary I use sometimes.

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-01-08
 Csabo, my friend, nobody can ask you for a further hard work,

in my opinion it should be sufficient to add, in the upload table, a new column with *few* (or even one) word(s) standing for the title' translation.
Together with the program type column, they could give an idea of the program, without entering into the own page.
Of course in case of English title, the new column will be empty.

Good the link with English/Hungarian translation!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024