Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-04
 Replies

Thanks for everyone for the feedback. Spector: You are right about the importance of the dates. The field in the database can take a complete date, but for most cases we just don't know. We need people who can remember (or find out) this kind of information... Do you know anything about the history of the C16 from that time? If so, you could become a member and update some dates yourself!

Lando: the game in question has been mentioned 62 times on this forum so far (I didn't want to write the name to make it 63 happy)

James: The hardware 'database' has already been on our site for years (made by Lando). It's accessible from our index page (bottom left), or here's the Plus/4 link for example. I just want this to be made searchable, so when someone looks for 1531, they would get a hit and see that it's a tape device. Once there, I will probably include links to sites where info on that particular hardware can be found (e.g. your site etc.) Your magazine scans are nice, I've always praised you for them, please don't stop making them. The publications database will include books as well. It would tell a user what books/magazines were published in 1986, or what books were published by LSI Atsz, or what programming books are available in German. (You don't have such plans, do you?)

The Encyclopedia will encompass so much more than the ROM list. The two main areas that do not exist anywhere right now are historical and glossary information. It would include technical info as well, of course. (To reiterate: any and all information about the 264 family.) Here's a few examples of topics: who founded Commodore, how much the machines cost originally, what does DYCP stand for, what bits does STA affect, how to code a Tech-tech or open up the border, lastly: emulator issues. A lot of people know stuff (including you and me), but none of us knows everything. The purpose of this knowledge base is to let everyone contribute with whatever they know. If people will like this idea, the community can build a book, an encyclopedia.

One more thing: you were one of the people who signed up and actually added info (I have it all logged). So for you (and the others who helped) I sent that thank-you. Sorry that you feel frustrated, but that comment was not directed at you. There are those who signed up and did nothing, you know who you are wink

You have a Yahoo download page? I didn't know. Can you give me the URL?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024