Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-05-17
18:09:38
 Multipurpose Multiplatform "Multipaint"!

MultipaintTero Heikkinen has just improved and bugfixed his Multipaint, a very comprehensive tool which allows the user to easily draw graphics as bitmap or in tile mode, in several modes supported by various 8bit machines, like ZX Spectrum C64 MSX1 and more.

The 3rd release includes support for Commodore Plus/4, both HiRes and Multicolor modes. This takes Multipaint to the top in Plus/4 crossplatform graphics editor, with extensive brushes options, easy recolouring tools, Botticelli/Multibotticelli import and export compatibility, .ASM straight exporting, double paging and many more facilities for your needings!

Posted By

MMS
on 2016-05-29
18:09:38
 Re: Multipurpose Multiplatform "Multipaint"!

I just trying this out. It is fantastic, how many new and useful GFX and music tools created recently, bringing out the max from the machine!

I like the Multipaint, it is a pretty good one.
This is the first GUI I really like (next to MultiBotticelli). Maybe because I liked Deluxe Paint too happy

One suggestion: in Microillusrator (before Mulrtibotticelli) I made a LOT of unwanted attribute color change by accidentally overruling the current color setting. (That's why I could not manage to use Csabo's Editor too. )

It is evident, if you have a blakc bacground and want to do something new, but in case you just doing the fine settings of shadows or reflections, then well, a lot of mistakes can happen in a more complex area. (fortunately here is an undo feature)

In Multipaint there is the MIDDLE button to pick the color below the cursor. But there is no feedback, what are the already set local colors at that attribute. (Or I just could not find it.)

I found MultiBotticelli's feature CYCLE color in Zoom mode even better. It will NOT change the color setting of the attribute, but put the pixel in the Color1. Second click: Color2; Third click: Color3 (2nd Background). 4th click use Background (color0). 5th Click start it over.
So if yo do not want to mess with the already set color, it could be a nice feature, next to the feedback, what colors are set in that specific attributes.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024