Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-03-31
18:29:19
 Re: Majesty of Sprites II the lands of Zador

Mh, we're mixing and stirring several different concepts here.
I'm with most of the Chicken's arguments he brilliantly did express into his post. In addition to that, I would like to point out that Mad has played with the conditional colour clash in this game: Kate's sprite sustains colour clashing only when the author decides to actually use it (behind waterfalls, into magma pits, when enlightened by a light from below.

This sounds obviously partially unrelated to what Chicken refers to, but it helps me to connect to another clarification I feel I've to remind: both games run in double buffered bitmap, not in charmode, where the management of the reduced clashes results to be far more easy to apply. Double buffered bitmap means you've to burn off _as minimum_ 20K only to display the game: MMS, that's the reason why we'd to wait 30 years to accomplish a goal like this, simply because there had been absolutely not one single specimen of "original 64K effort" on the 264 series. I added "original" in order to cut out all the conversions from C64 like ACE or Mercenary. This is a typical Lamarckian kind of evolution: if the market would have casted a need during those times, we would had been able to play a The Lands Of Zador years and years before wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024