Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-29
 YAPE has a new (temporary) home!

I *think* Atilla has okayed my temporarily giving YAPE a new home, as his current webhost will be shutting down within a few days.

Therefore I have placed the YAPE pages at YAPE on cbm264.com.

I did not archive the gallery page or the cartridge downloads, as those are already available on my site, nor did I archive the forum. But everything else is there.

Atilla: There was a banner ad at the top of your Tips-n-Tricks page that I replaced with my own, and I added myself to your links page. I also fixed the hover-over name of Revs picture on the archives page, as it said "Atomic Mission" instead. I added a counter to the index page to count how many people visit your page on cbm264.com, it's to the right of your existing bloke.com counter. I have rung up 8 counts verifying that everything transferred over correctly.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-29
 Atilla -->

Just a thought, you might wish to email those who you know have links to you, and ask them to change their links before January 1st. Otherwise people could be going to the old page.

I don't have a way to quickly change the web directories though. It could take months to get them straight, and you may have found a new permanent home by then.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-30
 Wow, cheers!

Many thanks, James!

I would definitely like to email to those involved, but I am still
on holiday, and I can't access my address book from here.

I'll be back on track from 5th of January and will take the
necessary steps then. In the meantime, could Mike amend the
redirection of yape.plus4.net ?

Thanks, guys

Posted By

Mike
on 2003-01-02
 yape.plus4.net

yape.plus4.net......... Should point to YAPEs new home by tomorrow.

For anyone else... I don't "seem" to have a limit on subdomains... so if you want a nicer domain name, let me know.... no cost either...

?????.plus4.net can be yours.

and if these do run out... we still have plus4.org and plus4.com to use up happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-01-03
 :-)

Thank you Mike!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024