Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-20
 YAPE site goes offline by the end of year...

... and I'm looking for a new host (with an "easy" URL if possible)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-20
 Well...

How about plus4.emucamp.com/yape wink I'm sure Mike or James C could host you as well though...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-20
 YAPE hosting

I would be willing to help YAPE transfer to a new home..... drop me a personal email if interested.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-22
 Hosting

Well, thank you guys!

I'm now back in Hungary for the holidays, but I'll get back to this later in the new year.

James C: would yape.cbm264.com be possible? happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-22
 YAPE Page

Atilla, my host charges an extra $10 a month for subdomains..... which is why I set up SVS and Jim as www.cbm264.com/svs/ and www.cbm264.com/jim/ instead.... that way it doesn't cost me any extra. wink

What you could do from your end is buy your own domain (www.yape.com for example) then have the domain register company forward to www.cbm264.com/yape.

I have a max of 250MB of storage (including email and attachments) and a max of 5 gigs of transfer per month (includes uploads as well as downloads). I'm not close to my limits yet though, and with the Stormpages account being cleared out, I could shove some html pages onto them without any problem. Those pages would have the banners at the top and bottom (ie www.stormpages.com/plus4/index.html).

Or if Lando could get you set up as yape.emucamp.com then that may satisfy your subdomain desire, and not eat out of Lando's allotment because you would have your own.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-22
 Hey Atilla

Would you like me to set up a YAPE page on my site as a backup til you can get time to set something up somewhere?

Posted By

Mike
on 2002-12-23
 yape

Remember, regardless of your URL, yape.plus4.net will be directed there. So, move to somewhere cheap, and let me know where to point the domain name to.

If your stuck, let me know.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-29
 Attila

OK, a temporary (?) solution is about to be seen here.

Do you guys agree then if I set up my pages at James, while
at the same time use yape.plus4.net as redirection.

Let me know plz, and a Happy New Year wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-29
 YAPE page at cbm264

Atilla, does this mean I should set up a temporary page for you? wink

If I don't get to it today it would be New Year's Day before I have another chance.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-30
 Oops

Sorry for this belated message, but I can't get on the net too often at the moment as I am now on holiday. I've left another message for you in the other thread!

Cheers

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024