Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-27
14:30:58
 Unexpected downtime

We apologize for the recent downtime, which - according to the logs - was two days and four hours. It looks like our provider has changed some things on their servers, which means even though we're back, there are still many pages or functions which are broken. This is being fixed manually, so please bear with us. Feel free to post on the forum about whatever is still broken!

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-08-28
14:30:58
 Re: Unexpected downtime

- Site options does not save;
- you can add entries but you can't edit'em
- the uploader runs in a generic way, whatever option of the 3 you choose (e.g., if you try to add a snapshot to hof, it acts like the basic uploader);
- publications'single pages can't be loaded.

EDIT:
- program/member(whatever lookup not working (message is "AJAX error. Element name: undefined, result:").

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-08-28
15:05:02

Site clock seems to be on UTC or UTC+ something. It used to be on UTC-5, New York time.

Visitor list on top (in site options) seems to expire after a few minutes. I haven't timed it, but I set it last night and it was gone when I returned this morning. (Are site options session based instead of recorded in a cookie? I was still logged in when I returned this morning.)

The Encyclopedia's individual pages do not load.

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-08-28
15:16:49

- Can't add notes editing the software pages;
- creators can't be entered too.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-28
10:53:04

Timezone is GMT-5 again. Options are saved in cookies (each is set for a year). I fixed the rest, please re-test.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-08-28
12:47:27

Site does not need to be on GMT-5 if you don't want it to be. I only pointed it out for timestamp consistency. happy

Encyclopedia entries work now.

I just noticed that Search -> Forum Results (and Search -> News results) are broken. News only displays the two most recent, not the applicable news item. Clicking "xxx results found on the forum." returns me to the Search page.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-28
16:46:09

The timezone had to be changed, because it used to be on some default. I just set it to the wrote timezone initially. It's better to have the "old one" back I think. I fixed the forum search and the news pages, please re-test.

There are still probably some pages/functions left.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-08-28
17:50:35

Forum and News search now work as expected.

Mail Archive search (ma.php) keeps returning the same one result. Low priority if other things need to be fixed, I'm probably the only one who reads the archives. :P

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-08-28
19:56:30

My TV remote control is no longer working
Edit: It's OK. I've just changed the batteries

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-28
21:04:17

Baz's remote is fixed (yeah, I'm taking credit happy) Thanks JamesC, it's fixed. Basically the provider upgraded the PHP version which broke all the pages. So there's probably still some lesser used ones, though I thought I went through them all...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-08-28
21:12:14

@Csabo, I have my hosting set to NEVER EVER UPGRADE PHP. And to never drink the Fizzy Lifting Drink, and never talk about Fight Club. All because I don't want to know what sort of depreciation errors will pop up if it does.

Posted By

gc841
on 2015-08-29
06:37:14

Hi Csabo, on the 'Top List' page the buttons aren't working.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-29
17:14:50

Thanks for catching that, it should be fixed now.

Posted By

siz
on 2015-08-30
01:48:43

Voting does not seem to be working. When I click on the Vote now button it says "No program selected"

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-08-30
08:21:33

Thanks siz, that's fixed too. Any more? happy

Edit: some problems with the Hall of Fame were just fixed. Please submit your scores now! happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2015-09-26
11:14:06

Youtube links don't seem to work on HoF page.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-09-26
14:48:30

Hmm, those are actually just outbound links. They seem fine here. Is there one in particular that doesn't work for you, or did I miss something obvious?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2015-09-26
16:20:51

All I see is a blank window in FF & a warning in IE11 that the content can't be displayed.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-09-27
18:02:34

Hmm * 2, this sounds odd. I just tried clicking one in IE11 and it came up just fine.

The thing is, like I said, those links are outbound links. Our site just sends the HTML to your browser (which I'm assuming you can see correctly). Once you click them, the browser doesn't do anything with our site any more, it goes on to YouTube. Is every single video doing that for you?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2015-09-28
10:20:31

Now I tried it with a Pale Moon under XP in a VM, and there is no problem with those links. Previous attempts were made under W8.1.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2015-09-28
20:31:44

HOF YouTube links work for me. Win7, IE11.

Does this link work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3pIeBiRoI0

Are you able to access YouTube directly, by typing www.youtube.com into your address bar?

What happens when you hover your mouse over a "video" icon on the HOF page, right-click and Copy Shortcut, then paste that shortcut into the address bar?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024