Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-16
 YAPE 0.42...

... is out and it'll fix some of the most annoying discrepancies I hope. Grab it from my website

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-16
 Emulator ID support

Okay now the ini is properly read...... that's good. Now, what is the preferred way for a program to detect this? I can go into MONITOR and display it with M ff58, but PEEKing from BASIC still gives me 255s.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-16
 Well...

... BASIC PEEK command will _always_ read the RAM, so you must write your own small machine code routine. This is not emulator specific, but plus/4 ROM specific.

If you're interested I might post a small code snipplet somewhere (in fact a whole more general help/readme/FAQ file would be better...).

I would advice checking at address $FF76. If it's equal to "Y" then you're dealing with YAPE personally happy Other letters may indicate other emu's in the future as it was kind of agreed upon by other authors earlier. Then $FF77 will serve as a special ROM address its value would alter between $55 and $AA after each read attempt but this is not yet implemented (this is the way VICE works IMHO, and considered as a sort of a standard since a while).

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-12-18
 Attila: how about the loading-address bug?

Thanx

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-18
 Load address "bug"

To be honest, I don't consider this as a bug but - just like Microsoft - a feature happy The "Load PRG" option is not "official" in a way that it circumvent any I/O operation and just simply copies the content of the PRG file to the emulator's memory.

I'm not really keen on changing this. If you want to load a program taking into account the start of the basic area, try using the DLOAD command that'll behave as you expect it.

I might however consider a small checkbox in the "Load PRG" window to override the first two bytes of the PRG file (=load address) with the actual BASIC start address if there's really need for it.

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2002-12-18
 any address!

Attila, please make it possible to enter any load address when you use load prg, not just $1001. That would be very useful when developing stuff. Also, any chance of drag and dropping a file on the emu window making it reset, then autostart, just like vice?

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-12-18
 Thank Attila ;)... but

1) Am I wrong, or LOAD command only works with a D64 image, not from a folder?
2) Any folder you set as "default" folder has not affect, if you do not first execute a [F8]-loading operation. For example all the screen-shots go into the "system" directory.

Then I could tip to you happy happy yes for the "checkbox" in [F8]-loading window, but also please fix the point 2), ok?

Hoping you understand our "needs"... Ohappy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-18
 The select folder dialog box

Not quite so! The LOAD command also works for the folder set with the 'select folder dialog box'. If you select a D64 file it'll override that but once you detach the D64 file, the 1551 emulation will use the folder set with this dialog window.

Also, if you don't attach any D64 file, the disk LOAD/SAVE operations will apply for the actual folder.

I'll consider that checkbox in the F8 dialog if you're not happy with the solution above. Cheers.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024