Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

RobertB
on 2015-07-13
00:39:56
 Kickstarter for Commodore the Early Years & Commodore the Amiga Years (fwd)

-------- Forwarded message --------

Our old friend and author Brian Bagnall is producing TWO new Commodore Books:

Commodore: The Early Years
and
Commodore Amiga Years

Brian's Kickstarter campaign has been a huge success so far so take a look at it and provide your support for an accomplished Commodore author by purchasing his new books at:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1462758959/commodore-the-amiga-years-book/

Take a look at Brian's promo video for the new Amiga book:

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1875854/video-544399-h264_high.mp4

Hello! I’m Brian Bagnall and I want to tell you the story of Commodore during the Amiga years. Commodore produced my favorite computers in the eighties and for years I waited for someone to write a book about those incredible times. Strangely, it seemed like publishers were only interested in talking about Apple, Microsoft and IBM. It’s time to give the Commodore Amiga some credit as the first commercially successful multimedia computer.

Take a journey from Amiga's beginnings in 1982 to when Commodore filed for bankruptcy in 1994. Dozens of brilliant and motivated engineers produced a computer with graphics, sound and multitasking capabilities years ahead of Apple and IBM. A lot happened in that decade, and this book will describe to you the most relevant parts in a definitive history of the Amiga story and Commodore’s final descent..."

Posted By

Gaia
on 2015-07-13
02:01:06
 Re: Kickstarter for Commodore the Early Years & Commodore the Amiga Years (fwd)

So will there be two books released not just the Amiga one? I have the one about the Tramiel years and I assumed the project is set up for the unreleased second part.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-07-13
05:45:45

This news is a month old and has been doing the rounds on AMIGA forums with very little interest. If it's not one kickstarter it's yet another...

Most people who wanted more out of their system grabbed a magazine during those years and you had everything you needed and wanted to know on a monthly bases. These magazines today are now viewed as bibles to what was then.

Posted By

RobertB
on 2015-07-14
00:24:27

MIK wrote:

> ...has been doing the rounds on AMIGA forums...

Heh, you haven't been watching the Commodore forums and mailing lists.

> ...with very little interest.

As of 9:15 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time, July 13, it now has $73, 659 US of little interest.

30 hours to go!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 2015 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Posted By

carrion
on 2015-07-14
02:47:33

Actually I'm looking forward to read this book. Hoping for some C+4 parts in there.
I Read the previous one (company on the edge) and it was good.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-07-14
06:08:28

RobertB,

forgive me if I'm not part of your little circle, (I wouldn't want to be either)... There are other places out there in the world and on the web that deal Commodore. Like I said it's old news which in English means your just spamming the forum as a last attempt to drum up interest because those people that needed to know already do. Keep us updated though if they cover more than the one page for the Commodore 264 series...

Posted By

RobertB
on 2015-07-21
02:39:39

MIK wrote:

> Keep us updated though if they cover more than the one page for the Commodore 264 series...

Strange that you think I have a little circle, because that's what I don't want. Anyways, I guess you won't be interested in what Bil Herd said about the C264 series when I post my video from last weekend's CommVEx (yeah, it's more than one page).

> There are other places out there in the world and on the web that deal Commodore.

Let me know, and I could tell them, too.

> Like I said it's old news...

And the old news gathered $109, 827 CAD from 1,523 backers!

> ...which in English means your just spamming...

In English, the word is "you're". Spam to you, news to others. To those who appreciate the news, thanks for reading.

Still in Las Vegas after CommVEx,
Robert Bernardo

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-07-21
06:55:04

It's bad enough you post here like a bad smell with mostly unrelated and off topic stuff. So no I would not want to unleash such a virus to any other sites or scenes that interest me unless I had something against them..

Posted By

RobertB
on 2015-07-22
00:38:57

If you wish to argue, go to private messaging. Otherwise, I will not respond any further to your flaming/baiting.

Going back on-topic (well, back off-topic), I ordered all three versions of the book plus e-books from Kickstarter. For me, the most interesting would be the book, "Commodore: the Early Years." I know nothing about CBM between 1958 and 1975, and this would give great insight into the company that Jack Tramiel built and that his son Leonard hinted at last weekend's CommVEx.

Still in Las Vegas after CommVEx,
Robert Bernardo

Posted By

siz
on 2015-07-22
03:14:38

These books are in fact related to the 264 series of computers because and although I've seen them promoted before (by the author himself) but I'm glad that Robert takes the effort to promote them here too. I'm sure that there are visitors (including me) here who are interested the news he brings.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-07-22
07:40:38

RobertB,

You seriously need to see a psychiatrist because the definition of "argue" does not mean, "you have been told by someone else they do not wish to associate with a complete pinhead". You even said your self it's old news...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024