Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-12-14
 For those that have experience with Turboloads...

This was part of another thread, but since the topic was orginally about something else, I'll start a new one. It's to do with Turboloads. I've never incorporated them into games, I have no experience of using them. Is there anyone here who has knowledge of how to use a program like Novaload to reduce the loading speed of games that I have that take about 6 minutes without the turbo?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-14
 Find a turbo first!

You have to load up a turbo program first (you can find a few on my site, also Novaload).

Novaload you can then just simply initialize by pressing F1. Go to monitor and from there you can save Novaload itself like this:

S"NOVALOAD",7,0400,0FFF

Note, that you must use a device number of 7 instead of 1 !!! Not with every turbo however, your mileage may vary here.

Of course those words written by Lando in the other thread about how to create the TAP file still apply!

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-12-14
 I'll have a go...

I think I get what you mean, I'll try this with Novaload and see if it comes off...

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-12-14
 Okay, heres the first problem

I've encountered a difficulty straight away, in that once I load up Novaload and initialise it using the F1 key, you get a load of figures and then GBE8. When I type "load" after this to load in the file, it won't accept it, just giving back a LOA?. This happens with all commands. What am I doing wrong?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-12-14
 LOA? error

indicates that you are in the MONITOR, therefore the proper load command is L "filename".

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-12-15
 Have you tried to hit a [Return]

over the G BE8 line? I don't know it, but if this is a
prompt to a ML routine, maybe you have to run it
before other operations.

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-12-15
 Well I've had a go at it

I've been doing a bit of trial and error and I've managed to get it to work successfully. I'd never thought that I'd be able to work it out. The files take just 90 seconds to load, which is superb. My big disappointment is that so many of the prg files don't actually load in C16 mode because they have been cracked: old favourites of mine like Airwolf and Out On A Limb that I played back in the mid-eighties on a C16 are no longer in a form that can be played on that machine. They can of course still be played on an emulator, but that's not the same thing really. It's better when games are presented in their original pure form, uncracked like they do over at World Of Spectrum. But I suppose that's the disk format for you. Anyone know of any other sites that have taps of these two games that I mentioned?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024