Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-07
12:31:53
 Handwritten note by Paul Woakes? Second City Plus/4 price on Disk.

I totally forgot I even had this, or didn't realise I even had it. I had my Disk copy of Mercenary for Plus/4 out today and I was going through all the paper stuff I have stashed in side it.

I bought Mercenary on Disk in the very early days of ebay so it's not something I've had since new. What also came with it was this unfolded Atari 8bit cover which I just kept inside the case as I had no home or use for it. I'm sure I have long since forgot as I don't recall seeing the message but the reverse of this Atari cover was used to write a note on which could well of been handwritten by the man him self, Paul Woakes.

Reading the note you get the feeling that it's original owner when obtaining Mercenary on Disk asked about Mercenary 2 on Plus/4 and was sent this in reply...

It says,
"Sorry for the delay. I had to produce some more.
The Second City for Plus/4 on Disk is £9-95
Until Mercenary II - that's it for Plus/4
Regards
Novagen
"

Neat any way and I didn't even realise, or forgot I had it! happy

Posted By

George
on 2015-06-08
13:02:59
 Re: Handwritten note by Paul Woakes? Second City Plus/4 price on Disk.

Congrats Mik.
Mercenary as Floppy Version is quite rare. With this sheet i think you have a unique Item.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-09
07:26:00
 Re: Handwritten note by Paul Woakes? Second City Plus/4 price on Disk.

Wish I could ask the guy but I only bothered using the account for a couple of items and never used it again. The computer I bought it on has long since gone, so are the email & password to ebay... a mess basically. It was all before the likes of Paypal.

Darron Broad who did Taskforce & Tomcat, when I met him he also gave me some of his Mercenary stuff such as the Targ big map, hint sheet, even a Mercenary Badge that he picked up from the Novagen stand at a computer show that year in London, (1985 or 1986). Most of it is here on the site such as my cover for the disk version and a full scan of the Targ Map...

But yeah it means a lot to all of us in some way or another so it's nice to share, all part of our history. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024