Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-01-19
07:50:15
 Re: Thanks to the friendly contribution...

MIK, this has absolutely nothing to do with Luca. Yeah, some stupid spammers are posting messages which end up being tied to a news item, and when we delete those, the auto-created root post unfortunately stays. So you have to wait a couple of hours for me to wake up, come around to the site and delete those.

Okay, this is for EVERYONE. I hate talking about it, cause when I do, that means the spammers win, but it just keeps coming up. I have filters set up, and they are pretty good. Since last time I looked at it, it caught 974 messages automatically that none of you ever got to see (that doesn't include all the ones where the spammers were blocked by IP). You guys all together manually deleted 41. So, if you click that link and delete something, good, thanks, but just leave it at that and let me handle the rest. I'll take care of it, let's not talk about this on the forums, we should have better topics of conversation going. I will also try to address the kind of spam which is attaching itself to a news item soon.

That's all I have to say about this, thanks happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024