Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-12-05
 INI file revisited

I emphasize that this was indeed a "bug" in all versions so far including 0.41 and I've just corrected this for 0.42 (to be released soon): YAPE checked for the INI file in the actual folder (can be anything, not necessarily the startup folder) and if not present a new INI was created in the currently valid folder....

As for typing: Windows keypress events are scanned by YAPE whenever a new frame is rendered by TED. The keyboard matrix of the plus/4 is then updated. That is, within a certain limit all keys pressed will be kept for good wink Another method is to scan the status of the _whole_ keyboard of the PC every time the keyboard latch is read by the emulated machine. This would be a more efficient way providing the status of the keyboard in the exact moment when it's needed and would probably also allow faster emulation. However I think it would lose keypress events on slower machines (as you have to type in similar velocity as how the emulator is expecting it), I'm not sure which method other emu's are using, but probably this latter. Considering the positive feedback you've just given (which I appreciate BTW! wink ) I still think one should go for this second way as it gives optimal performance on 100% speed. This is how inefficient coding can sometimes become an advantage, you see?? happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024